Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Salmon Chimichurri Rice

I made this by combining a package of TJ's chimichurri rice, the flavor of which is awesome (basmati rice with peas, tomatoes, peppers, creme fraiche, cilantro, and garlic), along with some pieces of fresh salmon. I was surprised that the salmon didn't really take on the strong (and spicy) flavor of the chimichurri rice. This was done in my trusty Tatung old school rice cooker. It's hard to see what's going on in this photo but it was a decent attempt lasting two meals. Oh I forgot to say I threw in extra paprika, hence the extreme redness in color. I have this huge container of paprika because it was cheaper to get a huge thing from Smart and Final than the small container from Ralphs, and for some reason TJ only has cayenne pepper but not paprika.

Ingredients: TJ chimichurri rice, fresh wild salmon, paprika
Method: rice cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment