Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All Day Beef Stew

I just got a new phone that happens to have a camera also. So here is my first photo! All the photos I've taken have turned out fuzzy, and also I guess I have a ways to go as far as food presentation and also food photography. Oh well.

Felt like trying the beef stew again except this time, I left it at work all day... Sigh. Even on the lowest setting (10 hours) and then automatically switching to the "keep warm" mode, I guess 13 hours was kind of pushing it. The ribs turned out tender, probably because of all the fat, but the stew meat turned out ridiculously tough, despite being immersed in liquid. Didn't really like this one. I think the omission of the stout was also a bad move. I only used sangria (trying to get rid of it, if you can't tell) for the liquid and I guess the stout would have tamed the tartness. At least it didn't overflow this time.


Ingredients: lean beef stew meat, fresh beef back ribs, diced tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, sangria, paprika, thyme, celery salt
Method: slow cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment