Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Paprika Barbequed Pork Ribs

I bought a lot of meat to make this since we were expecting people over for dinner. I thought I'd play it safe and use BBQ sauce. The only thing that was risky was the tomatoes and whether that would make things too tart or not. Turns out the tomatoes tasted caramelized and sweet. It must have been the brown sugar. I liked how the paprika added to the color. This was a hit with Kevin! The meat was really tender and literally fall-off-the-bone. The only thing was that I made a lot of this since we were expecting company for dinner, and I underestimated the amount of liquid the ingredients would exude, so even on low heat, it almost overflowed except for the fact that I was watching it and removed some sauce before that could happen. Better not fill the slow cooker beyond the recommended 2/3 - 3/4 capacity next time.

Ingredients: country-style bone-in pork ribs, tomatoes, honey bbq sauce, brown sugar, paprika
Method: slow cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment