Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quinoa With Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes, and Chicken

For my first slow cooker dish that I leave all day while I go to work, I decided not to risk any raw meats in case the power goes out. So I tried this with all semi-ready-to-eat stuff that really just needed to be cooked for a little bit. This was pretty much a failure. Not enough liquid, and left it in too long (like 12 hours while at work). The edges (mostly lined with the cabbage) were charred black, the meat became pretty tough, and the sweet potatoes got really soggy. Lessons learned... need more liquid and don't use easily-cooked items or semi-ready-to-eat foods when leaving it during the work day, in case I get stuck at work.

Ingredients: quinoa, shredded cabbage, sweet potato fries, diced deli chicken breast
Method: slow cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment