Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hong Kong Dim Sum

So the next few posts will actually be selected photos of food from Hong Kong (not cooked by me). This here is an assortment of some dim sum, which I was very impressed by. My favorites from this photo would probably be the white bun on the far left with the random yellow strands on top with some desserty rice in the middle, as well as the dumpling-type thing bursting with variety veggies and meat on the lower left. The lower right was a delicious spicy dumpling (fire dumpling?) which I think is supposed to be more Shanghai/Beijing style than Cantonese. The best fire dumplings I've tried were actually from this random Chinese restaurant in Las Vegas... haha! Okay anyway, I'm not a huge fan of shu mai or har gow or chan fun (or however you Anglicize the spelling for those rice noodles with stuff folded in them), but this chan fun on the upper right looked pretty good though (and was good). It annoys me when restaurants skimp on fillings for these. The fried triangle thing was also good but I think I like crab rangoon better, even though that may be comparing apples to oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment