Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oyakodon

Well I used the last of my oyakodon sauce... will have to get more next chance I have. This particular incarnation of oyakodon was slightly different than previous ones in that I actually took the time to cut carrots, zucchini, and summer squash to throw into the mix along with small pieces of broccoli and the usual onions. Also, I used chicken tenders instead of dark meat. Yay for not having to trim chicken fat as I normally would have had I used boneless skinless thighs, but the tenders had this weird tendon-like thing which was annoying to remove. Again, this is not very pretty but it probably will never be until I decide to bite the bullet and take more time with the eggs.

My hair has become pretty unhealthy the last couple of years for some reason, so I looked up whether diet could improve hair health (Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair) and will try to incorporate more of this stuff into my meals. So one combination that's doable is something like this oyakodon, which combines poultry, eggs, carrots, and whole grains. Another combination I have in mind is fish with legumes and spinach. Then I've got the yogurt with nuts, and cereal with milk... Maybe I should eat more fruit again...

No comments:

Post a Comment