Friday, October 8, 2010

Whole Grain Walnut Carrot Raisin Bread

Trying to use up my whole grain flours (Kamut, oat, and quinoa).  I scooped some of each flour, and added carrot puree made from my brother's backyard carrots. I would say that I added no water but that would not be true, since we had to add some water to get the carrot to mash up in my mom's Vitamix. Anyway the flour mixed nicely with the carrot puree, and I threw in walnuts and raisins, and threw this in the slow cooker, and voila! This was great, tastewise, probably because of the walnuts and raisins. In terms of texture, I was surprised that it held together. Anyway I was impressed by the fact that there was no added oil or sugar! (Well I guess the walnuts and raisins serve as oil and sugar.. haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment