Saturday, October 23, 2010

Multicolored Sweet Potato Fries

There are so many types of sweet potatoes. Actually I'm not sure which of these are sweet potatos and which are yams. The terms are used interchangeably these days but they are actually different (I guess I will perpetuate the practice and use them interchangeably...). I could be wrong (since the market only labels these as sweet potatoes or yams rather than the actual variety) but I believe I have the garnet (red skin, moist deep orange flesh), the O'Henry (cream skin, moist cream flesh), the Okinawan (white skin, dry purple flesh), and the Japanese (red skin, dry white flesh).

Cutting these was a pain. I decided not to season these at all but simply spread them out on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake them. I wasn't too thrilled with the results, but yeah surprise surprise, since I didn't use oil or salt or sugar. I might as well just bake them whole next time if I'm unwilling to add anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment