Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bronze Cut Penne with Buffalo Meat Sauce

Okay back to food. One of the things I learned about Kevin after getting married is that he actually loves penne, which I never really cared for previously. But I'll make an exception for this Delallo penne ziti, which was made in Italy and cut with bronze plates. That does not sound like a big deal, but the texture of each tube really does seem to allow the pasta sauce to adhere better to the penne. Also, these are good sized and I think they are prettier than their ridged cousins (penne rigate). Although the stats aren't as good as the whole grain types, there's still a decent amount of dietary fiber, iron, and other nutrients. This penne totally holds together during cooking, which is more than I can say about some of the other whole grain penne that I've tried. The meat sauce is made out of ground buffalo meat, which is pretty lean, sauteed onions, and marinara sauce. There's nothing out of the ordinary besides the buffalo meat, which piqued my interest. It pretty much tastes like lean beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment