Saturday, October 23, 2010

Filet Mignon

So filet went on sale at $7 per pound, providing an opportune time to try my hand at stovetop steak again (we don't have a grill). I actually cooked these on medium/low heat, in butter, but I'm still not doing these correctly... First, the lack of grill marks was rather unsatisfying (although that could be rectified if I just bust out the grill pan from our stash of unopened registry gifts at the in-laws'), but second, I ran into the situation again where the steaks looked done, but a sanity check on the inside yielded totally raw and bloody centers. So I basically had to score all the steaks on both sides to try to let the centers cook some more. I took them out when I thought they were medium. I think they were still too red, but Kevin raved about them. At least one of us liked these.

No comments:

Post a Comment