Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jme Biscuits and Other Indulgences

I've visited Williams-Sonoma way too many times within the past week. Basically I was drawn in by that fall baking pan with the wells shaped like acorns and mini pumpkins. That was the beginning of my streak, which included various pecan-related baking mixes, pecan pumpkin butter, spices, and these biscuits. These hail all the way from England-- the "Nutty pecan & pumpkin seed" ones are especially delicious!

For my spices, I first saw the gumbo filé and caved in and bought five other spices so I could get the wooden spice caddy for free... The spices of choice were sumac, vadouvan, French lavender, Herbes de Provence, and juniper berries. I then completed the spice buying binge by trekking over to and buying some (more affordable) spices from World Market, including real Tahitian and Madagascar vanilla beans, turmeric, dalmation sage, lemongrass, tarragon, marjoram, and ground cardamom seed. I'm excited to try these spices out!

No comments:

Post a Comment