Friday, October 8, 2010

Chilean Sea Bass

After Kevin and I blew some money ordering sea bass at a restaurant and getting like 3oz each, I decided to redeem the experience by getting some Chilean sea bass from Ranch 99 and cooking it myself. It used to be $17 per pound but this time it was $13 per pound, which is pretty good for Chilean sea bass. I bought a pound and marinated it in mirin and miso, and steamed it, then served it on top of steamed rice alongside baby bok choy. Kevin said he savored every bite. What you see on the left is about 3/4 of the fish I bought, not including the skin/bones. So the fish in that photo probably came out to about $9. Craziness. I can definitely do sea bass and can probably resort to this if we ever have dinner parties in our future house. What I can't do right though is filet mignon, so gotta work on that before I can declare victory over that ridiculously priced bass/filet dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment