Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smoked Salmon Pasta

There are two types of linquine in here: spinach/chive, and garlic/basil. They were both very fragrant, but the flavor was not too strong, which is just as well since Kevin probably wouldn't have eaten this otherwise. I used a whole boxed package of smoked wild salmon from my mom's friend in Canada, and some broccoli. Oh also, this is pretty bad, but I threw in an entire stick of butter into this. I was planning to use olive oil but I had to use up the butter. I suppose I could have just tossed it but oh well. Then again I used up 16 ounces total of pasta, yielding four substantial meals, so that's 2 tablespoons of butter per meal which sounds less insane. Anyhow I thought this would be saltier than it turned out... I added absolutely zero salt, thinking the smoked salmon would be overkill, sodium-wise, but actually I think the dish as a whole is a bit lacking in salt but whatever. I didn't feel like rectifying that since Kevin had no complaints about the dish...

No comments:

Post a Comment