Monday, September 13, 2010

Barbeque Vegetable Chicken

Eh... I used the 4 hour setting since I figured chicken pieces (boneless skinless thighs) didn't need 8 or 10 hours, but of course the diced onions were still rather sharp rather than soft or caramelized as they were in my meat stews. The other random vegetables worked out along with the bottle of barbeque sauce, but I guess next time I'll have to brown the onions first to make that work out with chicken pieces (meaning I won't be doing this again since the whole point of my using the slow cooker is to throw everything in one pot, in one step... i.e. too lazy to brown then wash and not willing to venture into the world of cast iron or dutch irons just yet). Either that or just get actual bone-in thighs which might hold up better against the longer settings. As it is, the chicken pieces were already kind of hard. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment