Friday, September 3, 2010

Heritage Heirloom Whole Grains

This "Heritage" cereal is one of my favorite cereals. It is from Nature's Path and includes several "ancient grains," namely Kamut wheat, spelt, and quinoa along with oats, barley, and millet. I would love to see them throw in amaranth but oh well. This cereal is not sweet at all and goes well with lowfat milk. Here I have it topping the nonfat yogurt which you can't really see.

I bought several boxes of Heritage because at one point in time, I was going through them pretty fast by eating it for both breakfast and lunch at work (breakfast with milk, lunch with mashed avocado) but then I got an upset stomach once from an avocado and that pretty much ended that trend.

Some of my other favorite cereals include Kashi's Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat, Kashi Island Vanilla Whole Wheat Biscuits, Nature's Path Optimum Slim...

No comments:

Post a Comment