Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baked Cod

I tried to follow this recipe for baked cod by Darina Allen's traditional Irish recipe. I'm not sure what makes this dish Irish. I used the killer 14" pan for this. I threw in some butter, sauteed the chopped onions, added the wild-caught cod fillets, and let them cook on both sides. All looked well, and then I added light roux which I had made earlier, and also some vegetables and bay leaves, and I let this simmer for 10-15 minutes as instructed. Of course when I went to stir it, the bottom had caked over, probably because of the thickness of the roux. So I spent a good deal of time trying to dislodge the sauce on the bottom and remix it. In the process, I basically mashed the fillets into little chunks. Oh well. I liked it but probably wouldn't make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment