Monday, March 14, 2011

Vanilla Cupcake With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting and Roasted Pistachios

This was supposed to be a lavender cupcake with lemon frosting, but I botched the lavender cream (stepped the lavender buds and all, but try to whip up heavy cream without the right equipment). So it's just plain old vanilla... the boring vanilla too (extract rather than bean). I'd made a cream cheese frosting before so I had confidence going into this one (the buttercream from the previous post was way harder than the cream cheese in my opinion).

The most annoying part of this was chopping the pistachios, again because I didn't have the right equipment. It wouldn't have been as annoying had Kevin not been sleeping, but he was so I was relieved when I was done making chop chop chop noises with each nut.

I actually liked the taste of this one way better than the Guinness and Baileys, but it seems like people like the latter more. Maybe I need the girly tea crowd for this cupcake, especially since this would have had the lavender going as well. I didn't have any Earl Grey on hand (it's all at work!) or else I might have gone for a lavender Earl Grey type flavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment