Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mojo Butter Lettuce Salad

For some reason I was craving butter lettuce, so I grabbed a bag from TJs, threw on a scoop of nonfat Greek yogurt, and crumbled chips from Late July's mojo green multigrain chips (with cheese and a hint of lime). This was very much like a taco salad in my opinion, with the chips imparting most of the flavor, the yogurt standing in as sour cream, and the lettuce adding its two cents. So no meat I guess.

I love Late July, along with brands like Kashi and Nature's Path... Actually, the only reason I bought these chips at all was because I was on a quest to find green-colored chips for an upcoming St. Patrick's Day potluck. I wasn't having much luck until I stumbled on these at Whole Foods for $1.50 per bag on sale, which was not bad. I snagged a couple of bags. Afraid that it may not be green enough, I also bought the veggie flavor of the Pirate's Booty rice/corn snacks since an employee there could vouch for the snacks being green. Of course, later I found the stupid green tortilla chips I'd been looking for all along at Ralphs (guacamole-flavored green chips) so I decided I could eat these mojo things myself. Haha! Of course later, I found even more green chips (spinach and artichoke potato chips) which I bought as well. When it rains, it pours...

No comments:

Post a Comment