Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ivernia Cheese

Holy schnapps! "Piquant" hits the nail on the head as far as this Kerrygold Ivernia cheese being "agreeably pungent" in taste and "engagingly stimulating and provocative" (using terms from the definition of piquant). There is definitely a sharp bite to this but the bite is "agreeable" unlike the way more pungent cheeses hit my taste buds. I'm talking about super pungent cheeses like Cashel Blue, which I admit I did NOT like despite the fact that it is Irish. Gorgonzola does not even come close to the Cashel Blue. Anyway, this Ivernia... it's interesting and different in taste, and much harder than any of the other Irish cheese I've had thus far. I might consider getting it again although this did not make it onto my list of favorite cheeses. It's got a cool-looking font though!

No comments:

Post a Comment