Thursday, April 12, 2012

Macarons

No I did not make these but aren't they pretty? So a friend visited us and brought us a meal along with some macarons as dessert from a nearby dessert place called Treat Tea and Ice. I really liked them so I decided to go and buy some other flavors for myself. From upper left to lower right are praline, blueberry lavender, taro, vanilla, and orange blossom. Later, I went and tried some other flavors. I must say my favorites are the Earl Grey, the coffee, the pistachio, and the raspberry. The blueberry lavender one was a bit soapy to me, as was the orange blossom. BUT... I told myself I won't go there again because they sell 1 macaron for $1.85, 3 for $5, and 5 for $8.75. First off, why is buying 3 a better price per macaron than buying 5? And second, if I buy 10, why charge each one at the single price rather than at two orders of 5 macarons each? Apparently, one can only buy one order of 5, and not two orders of 5. Why would you penalize your customers for buying more? So after that, forget them! Learn to add fine print and disclaimers if you aren't prepared to back up your offers (it's as simple as adding "limit one offer per guest per day")!

No comments:

Post a Comment