Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stir-Fried Veggies, Finally!

I can't remember if I'd already mentioned this, but I'd been avoiding stir frying for the longest time for multiple reasons. One of the reasons was that my previous pan (a non-stick variety) was basically peeling. Bleh. I stopped using it, and then I discovered along the way that I don't particularly like standing at the stove with all these fumes.

But in an effort to change things up, I decided to bust out my new pan from our wedding registry, which is a nice 9-inch / 2 quart hard anodized commercial grade Calphalon. But it's too small for stir frying lots of veggies!

So then I ordered a 14-inch stainless steel one from Amazon with a glass lid. This thing is a monster! As you can see it basically overlaps the other three burners on our small stove. Anyway I finally got around to using this for the first time for stir-fried veggies, and yay for getting nicely cooked broccoli! I threw in some tomatoes from my parents' backyard which I thought really helped. Tomatoes are better for you if cooked and/or with olive oil...

No comments:

Post a Comment