Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mixed Veggies With Brown Rice, Pesto Scallops, and Gorgonzola Mushroom Chicken

Okay yes that sounds like a busy dish. Essentially, I used the 14-inch killer pan again for the carrots, squash, and tomatoes (from my parents' and brother's gardens) and served this with a few things from Trader Joes.

I was satisfied with how the seasoning of the veggies turned out... garlic, oregano, celery salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. It seemed to work, except I actually meant to use paprika instead of cayenne and accidentally grabbed the wrong one.

For the TJ stuff, I heated up pesto scallops (from their freezer section) in the toaster oven, and gorgonzola chicken with mushrooms (also from their freezer secion). I really liked the scallops because they came with a lot of pesto, and the sauce from the chicken entree was really flavorful too. So this was essentially a mix of three very flavorful components that worked out.

Unfortunately my camera battery was dying so I had to rush in this shot as opposed to getting a sharper image from a better angle. I'd say there's just about every color in this dish, except maybe the blue/purple group. Time for an acai smoothie tomorrow perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment