Monday, August 1, 2011

Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?

I made this collage several years ago during a New Life women's event. It was supposed to be loosely just a collection of images and/or words that represents us in some way, whether it be our favorite things, or characteristics, etc. Now the title of this post is actually the name of a painting by Paul Gauguin which I find intriguing. You can read a short blurb about it here. I bring it up because I think the title can apply to my collage as well, in that each image represents some aspect of me... Scenic and dreamy landscapes, organized hangers, dogs, colorful vegetables, elegant romance, fine art, fishermen in a boat, nuts, staying healthy and hydrated, family, my home state, ice cream... You can't really make out the words in the middle, but it says, "leap of faith" and sits so appropriately at the very center of the collage...

A few have already discovered paradise. Will you be next?

They say the grass is always greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment