Sunday, May 8, 2011

Minted Lamb With Quinoa Polenta And Carrots

So I bought this jar of Colman's Mint Sauce on a whim... and the safest thing I could possibly use it for was to pair it with lamb! Hence, I bought these boneless lamb cuts from Fresh & Easy, threw them in the slow cooker with olive oil and the mint sauce, and the carrots, and let her cook away for 10 hours. As you can see, the resulting lamb was basically so fall-apart tender! Taste-wise, the mint sauce was fine but it's probably a bit too strong for Kevin. The other interesting part of this dish was the quinoa polenta that I picked up from Whole Foods. It went well with the minty olive oil lamb sauce. I've seen the plain yellow polenta before, but not this speckled one! Apparently it's got heirloom red and black quinoa along with your standard corn meal. Looking at the package here... it's from The Quinoa Corporation based in Gardena? How interesting. They make a lot of the other quinoa products that I recognize! Didn't know they were in Gardena. Check it out: http://www.quinoa.net/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment