Friday, February 11, 2011

Corned Beef and Cabbage

I bought this beef already corned... just threw it in the slow cooker with cabbage and carrots (the instructions actually said to use the oven but whatever). Out came this IMPRESSIVELY tender (and fatty) beef!! The particular cut of beef used for this was beef brisket, which I've had before, but never this moist! Anyway the beef was very red even though it was totally cooked through.

So I went to the store to buy another package of this corned beef, and the priced was scanned incorrectly, so I basically got a free slab of corned beef brisket. I'm going to stop by the store again next week and pick up another package and see if it'll be free again. Haha!

Oh yeah I wanted to add that even though people associate corned beef and cabbage with traditional Irish cuisine, apparently it's more of an Irish-American thing. Traditional Irish dishes are more like boxty, colcannon, coddle, bacon and cabbage, brown soda bread, Irish stew, Ulster fry...

No comments:

Post a Comment