Saturday, November 20, 2010

Praline Pecan Spiked Coffee

So I was at Bevmo the other day and this New Orleans Pecan Praline Liqueur really caught my eye. Candied pecans and walnuts are among my favorite things to eat, with pralines not far behind. So anyway I had this liqueur straight the other day and also over ice cream, both of which were fairly disappointing (too strong, not sweet). But in coffee, this liqueur really shines! Somehow, it becomes sweet and lends a nutty, rich taste to my coffee without the cream and sugar. I had almost resigned myself to figuring out how to bake with this liqueur before discovering the happiness of pecan praline spiked coffee! I have this in my cK cup (it says "Live long and prosper" in hand-painted Star Trek font on the other side) with the pine trees reflected on the coffee's surface. One sip of this warm, divine beverage can whisk you away to the deep south, down to the French Quarter of New Awlins or to the banks of the mighty Mississippi, steeped in rich history and romantic ruggedness...

No comments:

Post a Comment