Saturday, November 20, 2010

Corn Rice Porridge

I had intended to make a rice porridge to go alongside chicken soup. To change things up, I decided to throw in spinach in the rice porridge, and use chicken broth instead of water for the porridge. All this went into the rice cooker while I made soup with chicken drumlettes/wings plus corn plus random dried veggies on the stovetop. When the porridge was done, it was apparent that I had not only made too much of it, but also that I had thrown in too much spinach. K would not have eaten that porridge, with all that green. So I ended up mixing the porridge into the chicken soup for him, to downplay all that spinach (see next post). However, I was perfectly fine with all the spinach so this here is a combination of the solids from the soup (corn and dates) and the extra rice porridge. It's not shown here but I eventually added tofu for protein, since I let K have all the chicken. Not too pretty but I actually liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment