Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hamburger Cupcakes

I had fun making these little puppies. The idea came from several different sites (here's one).

To make the cake and brownies, I basically just googled a few different recipes for each and approximately averaged out the ingredients. I sort of messed up though and accidentally mixed all the dry stuff first instead of following instructions. So I figured what the heck, mixed the liquids for both recipes together (eggs, vanilla, milk, etc.) and poured half into the cake and half into the brownies. Haha. Of course the batter wouldn't mix well since I went out of order, so I had to bust out a hand blender and blend the thing!

Then the batter went into cupcake liners and got baked. The cake came out fine... The brownies had this really dense (not fudgy though) consistency. I probably would have panicked except for the fact that the denseness worked out well when it came time to slice the brownies into meat patties. So the cakes and brownies got sliced, assembled, frosted, topped with sesame seeds, and voila! Hamburger cupcakes! It felt like I was eating sliders, as far as texture and having the layers, but of course it tasted like dessert.

Sigh this might be the last post in awhile, as the due date is drawing near. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete