Sunday, April 10, 2011

Breakfast Egg Nests

I saw a photo of these cute egg nests in Ralphs' Optimum Wellness newsletter and just had to make them! I bought a pack of four yellow ramekins from World Market for $2, lined each with a piece of toast (I used Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain sesame bread), and dropped one cute jumbo egg in each nest along with shredded cheese, paprika, anise seed, salt, and pepper. The actual recipe used tarragon and had mushrooms and green onions, but (1) I wanted to use the anise seed, and (2) there wasn't enough room in my nests for any veggies since the ramekins I bought were 4oz instead of 6oz as called out in the recipe.  Anyway the variation on the ingredients worked out fine, although I didn't quite achieve the same pretty effect as those from the newsletter, where the yellow from the ramekins and the yellow from the sunny side up eggs complemented each other more so than you see here. But hey, I've got a new way of making eggs now... via ramekins in the toaster oven! Yay for no more cleaning up of eggs stuck to my pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment