Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the standard chocolate chip cookies I make on occasion. A friend in college introduced me to them (my first time baking cookies from scratch!) and I was really impressed by the cake-like texture, slightly eggy taste, and how they weren't too sweet or oily. This is pretty much my "go to" recipe for a cookie base, where I vary the mix-ins. I've done it with white chocolate and macadamia nuts, peanut butter chips, chocolate mint, and some others I can't remember. Anyway, here you have it (I usually end up making a bigger batch by adding a third of everything... makes the measurements easier. And for some reason they usually take longer than 10-12 minutes to bake... maybe my cookie dough balls are too big...):

3/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. flour
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)

Cream together butter and brown sugar until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl  mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and stir thoroughly. If a little dry add a few drops of water. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment